April 1, 2010

Funny Book

Long night at work.

Wait, let me rephrase that. Long, LONG night at work! I hate to close. I worked with two newbies tonight, and that, however, was kinda fun. It made me think of my first couple of weeks/months at B&N, and how intimidating it was to be around all of those books. I had a good time with them tonight,helping them find stuff and telling little tidbits about the book business. I wanted to tell them, "Don't worry! In no time you'll be able to walk to the shelf when someone asks you for 'The Great Gatsby' instead of looking it up in the computer!" Oh, and when someone asks you for "The Great Gattersby", you'll automatically know what that is. :)

I was helping to recover the store, and I came across a new book by Anne Coyle and Ellen Rakieten called "Undateable". Not only is it hillarious, but very accurate!

A couple of months ago, I had a Cosmopolitan filled afternoon with Jennifer, and we discussed the issue of dating. I told her that I had recently realized that even though I consider myself an independent woman, when it comes to dating I really prefer to be properly courted. I want the man to take charge. I want to be told what we're doing on our first few dates. I want him to take charge while not being bossy. I want him to have a clean car when he comes to pick me up. I want flowers. I want respect. I want him to assume that everytime we go out he will pay, but if I offer to pick up the tab (after the first few dates) he'll let me. I want him to take his cues from me, and MY behavior. I want him to be confident without being cocky. I don't think that's too much to ask for, right? :)

How surprised was I when I started flipping through this book, and found that most of my newly discovered "dealbreakers" made the list! It turns out that I am NOT alone! This book is mostly just for fun, and boy is it funny! However, yeah...it's ALL TRUE!!! It's separated into three parts: Things men wear that make them undateable (crocs, bike shorts, and backwards sunglasses, to name a few), things men do that make them undateable ("adjust" themselves in public, undertip) , and things men say that make them undateable (too many details about their bathroom needs). Everyone should check this one out.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations. A very nice car. It is my dream to have this car. I am working hard for it. Now as online wholesaler of fashion jewelry,I hope i can make my dream to real next year. I am fashion jewelry online wholesaler directly from China. Welcome to inquiry.

wholesale fashion jewelry \
jewelry wholesale China

ventepaschere said...

grand vendeur, facile a travailler lunettes de soleil pas cher, une grande communcation, fortement recommande site chaussures femmes pas cher d'excellentes critiques a partir de 1000 clients.